Sunday, July 02, 2006

Renew my vision

Today's service was really good, and I'm glad I went. Pastor Tan shared on Pressing On. He talked about how God came to give us a vision and a future. But then once we feel that our vision from God is threatened, we will tend to go back to what we are familiar with and choose the easy way out. Just like when Jesus foretold of his cruxification, Peter was so anxious to deny it, Peter had given up everything to follow Christ. and with Jesus cruxified, the vision to be a fisher of men was threatened (Matt 16:21-23). So what was he to do if Jesus died?
When Moses took some time to come down from the Mountain, the Israelites' vision of going into the promised land was threatened, (Exo 32:1) they went to idoltry and asked Aaron to make them a gold serpent instead...later they thought it would have been better if they stayed in Egypt.
When our vision seems like it is about to be taken away, sometimes we become critical and cynical!

I was so super blessed by the word. And really a word in season that encouraged me. Looking back for the past few years, I have given up my youth to serve Him...in watever areas, tuition, usher, cgl etc. And because of this have faced parental objection and quarrels, frens laughing at me. I've given up on r/s that were not suitable cos the person is non christian or not a mature christian. And recently my vision has been so threatened! Or shd I say, I think I've lost my vision, and life really has lost much of its meaning.

I know that I am not great, perfect. I know I can sacrifice more. I know there are things that I hold on to that at this point I can't let go. But yet, I know also that God is patient with me, and that I am in a position whereby I am accepted by Him. And all the past sacrifices are worth it. Without a vision, ple will perish. Yup. How can we live on without a purpose in life, or a meaning? So I'm really glad that He has so encouraged me again and reminded me that I have a vision in Him. And indeed He has called me to make a difference in the lives of many many many ple.

No comments: