Thursday, July 27, 2006

Open doors

Happy today, doors suddenly opened for me. Sent the Habitat proposal (build houses at Thailand) to director and he said he liked it too! And he suggested all sorts of fund raising activities like charity golf, movie screeening, auctioning etc, with the co.'s support. So yup, God just opened doors to top management support. I hope that the whole company climate will change, ple will be more generous and spend their money on things that matter. Ple will be conscious of the needs everywhere! Less golf games that cost hundreds of dollars, less branded clothes for the new season. More love, more compassion. I really don't know how rich ple spend their money. But I'm quite sure about the Robin Hood model! It must not just be a one-off event to donate money, it must bring about a change in the whole culture of the company!

Dear God, I pray it will not just be a series of fund raising events, but God-U will reveal Yr love thru these events, carry it thru, and be glorified. Let the people come to know You. U must be involved in every good work that we do, cos our own righteousness is like filthy rags. All our good works mean nothing, unless they are anchored in You. Be glorified. Be magnified. Be exalted.
I pray also that U may remind me day by day to be a good steward of the finances that U have blessed me with. Amen!

My job is to be obedient-the rest- God is sovereign.

Met Bro MJ today for dinner, he came to Tanjong Pagar to find me! It was a good talk in a way. And there are unresolved things that need to be resolved. Yup. If I don't get a breakthru, I will carry on in this season forever. I pray that this season will be over soon, and I will get my breakthru, watever that God is teaching me.

Went out with Anil and Morgan yest. Asked Anil how to be a social entrepreneur in meeting the needs of depressed ple. And he said- U are going into charity mode! Meeting needs etc. He suggested an alternative- "Inclusivity". Y are ple depressed? Tats the core question. And his idea is to include ple who are marginalised into society.
I've quite a lovely idea- that I will set up a shop and employ ple who are somewhat marginalised cos of their odd behaviour. There, they will learn to interact with each other and will also go thru part time courses and life skills.

One at a time..let me go thru this season first! Thailand project...here we come. Transformation in the company!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jia you! :)

hehe... interesting project... real good that ur company supports u in that... Q a nice culture... make a difference there first...:)