Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A time for everything

Pastor Don shared a simple msg on sunday, but was good. What struck me really was his sharing about how there are different seasons in our lives-but each season serves its purpose (Eccl). So once that purpose is accomplished, then we can move on to the next season. So he says we must always ask God why the season? What is the reason for the season?
What is my season now- I think it is a time of waiting and healing. What is the purpose for this season? Well, I've always been a person who liked action, control and being able to do something (for the Lord). And there are seasons when God had brought me thru trials and tribulations, yet in a sense, those seasons didn't fulfil its purpose as I still looked onto some man-induced solutions to overcome my trials. And the reason for the season-is truly to learn to TRUST in Him, even if it means waiting, and not seeing His hand. And also, to find my true source in Him. To learn how to truly love people as I receive emotional healing.

Well, I am just so reminded that it is the conviction of the word, that the Holy Spirit speaks to us, and after the simple message, we sang this old song..the lyrics went something like this..."Who are You, Lord? The Lord strong and mighty", something like that, and I broke down into tears again. I think it was the Holy Spirit reminding me that the Lord is strong and mighty. Who is He? Having been a christian for such a long long time....I should know Him right? Well, maybe those of us who think we do, don't really. And as I was crying, I just felt so small suddenly, and I was so desperate and I knew that I had come to the end of myself. And the Holy Spirit impressed upon me something- He said, good, now that u have come to the end of yourself, I can finally take over. Something like that.

As a confirmation of that word, today at Covenant prayer meeting, the pastor also shared about how when we become so desperate and seek God, that is when God hears our prayers.

Who are U, Lord? Strong and mighty. Yes u are.

Was really stressed at work today, lotsa stuff to clear, cos its month end reporting, plus the new investments are up. Yup. No doors are open in a sense, for a change. And if change, then change to where?

I sincerely think that more than making a quick decision to go somewhere and do something somewhere, the season right now is to wait, seek Him, and seek my healing.

No comments: