Saturday, July 29, 2006

Care to Dance?

Had quite a good time today DANCING! Yeah u heard me right, went to an event organized by YMCA with 2 dear frens. It was an event for youths to teach the Intellectually Disabled how to dance. I realise that dancing is really quite fun and it helps u to relax! Like the bombay dance we did...which was like an indian dance. :) After joining the gym classes in the company, i.e. cardio step, also enjoy prancing about the step board. Think my sense of coordination is not so bad afterall.
At the start I saw some youths with attitude problems, and commented that these days, youths are no longer like the past. Like my sister who is a teacher also told me some stuffs her students did. However, later when the IDs came in, I was really glad to see the youths interacting with them etc. :) And I was really impressed with the innovative concept- inclusivity. Making the IDs feel included, participating together with the youths in dancing. And whats more to harness the active spirit of youths in dancing to do community service. Reminds me indeed of what Anil said, its not charity mode, but its abt being inclusive. Including the marginalised in our society!!!!

Super tired....
And yest night met XT for dinner. After a long long time. Was good to catch up.

Guess things are sort of going on track now, and God is healing me!
But I am also learning that doing lots of good works to help ple don't satisfy. Only God is the source of satisfaction. And I pray that He will show me a clearer direction and vision as I continue to not grow weary of doing good. That means a lot a lot to me.

On another note tho, I'm so happy interacting with the IDs today. Nothing beats being there for someone. And I wish I can do that daily. But its not good enuff doing random good works. I need a direction, somewhere, from God. I'm not gonna give up the reason for this season..which is to wait on God and receive my healing.

No comments: