Thursday, July 06, 2006

Called along side to fortify

Sitting at my desk now during lunch time...heh. Doing some praying and quiet time. I feel so tired today! :S Physically tired...and lack sleep. Didn't really feel like joining the bunch of 7-8 colleagues for lunch, just felt like being by myself.

Anyway, yesterday I went for my first class for Introduction to counseling psychology. It was really good, and I realise where my problem lies. Dr. Toke says that usually when ple are depressed, out of good intention, we try and carry their crosses for them. I tink I carry a lot of ple's crosses on myself. Its really tiring. Dr. Toke further explained that comfort = para klet (Greek). Para= along side; klet=fort=strengthen. Hence to be a counselor, one is supposed to go alongside and strengthen a person. I shd not be the one providing answers and solutions, which will weaken the counselee instead.
Now, doesn't that remind us of the Holy Spirit our parakletos? Our comforter. God gives us the Holy Spirit to empower us, not so that He can take over our responsibilities. Bible calls every christian to take up his cross and follow Jesus. Yup, hence being a christian doesn't eliminate the challenges and problems that we may face in life, but being a christian empowers us to live out our lives IN SPITE of the challenges that we may face in life.

Hmm..anyway guess who I met at the class yesterday? Finally after visiting his website for the past 2 years or so I saw Galvin in real person. He writes very ernest christian songs, and his sharings encourage me, cos in spite of his family problems, I see God working within him and his faith in God. Anyway Galvin is Willie's cg mate. And who is Willie? Willie is my fren in Covenant, so the cg I visited happens to be Galvin's cg as well. Ha..yup...and then Mark -Galvin's fren, happens to work in NYC. Which is really good..cos he says he can point to me the contacts for applying for YEP grant in NYC.

So God...may u strengthen me, give me peace to make right decisions, and may You bring peace/joy/hope to the people whom I love so dearly. They are Yours. Amen!

No comments: