Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Tired but rather happy

Just attended a social entrepreneurship talk organised by Start Up singapore. Rather tired..sleepy, but q happy. Met some really nice ple doing great things. Like...this lady from The Ark, tat provides help to exdrug addicts/prisoners and training for them...and this pastor fr Breakthrough Missions..He goes around sharing God's love and goodness, and how He was changed from a drug addict..how God gave him a new lease of life.

Praise the Lord...

I am currently reading Max Lucado's book "Travelling Light". It is a wonderful book tat speaks of the burdens tat we carry...and how they are needless. The burden of guilt/shame/worry/envy/doubt etc and wat nots. And it went thru Ps23 verse by verse. I was awfully touched by his analogy of the shepherd, time and time again. Abt how the shepherd brings his sheep to the pasture...he clears the way for them...thru the valleys, he brings them..so tat they can go to the mountains where there is grenery. He speaks of God holding our hand, and God following us!
I always thot I have to chase after God..but in a way, Max was right. he mentioned tat God was there...with us...every appointment we have with God...is just Him right there waiting for us, to hold our hand. :) And He brings us to true rest.

I dreamt two nights ago, of this guy. I dun realli know who he is, but he is quite muscular, and I dunno why he held my hand. I was so so so happy!!! It was not a lust kind of feeling I had, it was filled with love...
and I realise indeed, how divine this love of God..tat holds me to eternity.

Burden of worries
"He leads me beside the still waters," David declares. And, in case we missed the pont, he repeats the phrase in the next verse: "He leads me in the path of righteousness."
"He leads me." God isn't behind me yelling, "Go!", He is ahead of me, bidding, "Come!" He is in front, clearing the path, cutting the brush, showing the way. Just before the curve, he says, "Turn here." Prior to the rise, he motions"Step up here". Standing next to the rocks, he warns, "watch your step here."

Burden of loneliness
Loneliness is not the absence of faces. It is the absence of intimacy. Loneliness doesn't come from being alone; it comes from feeling alone.
Feeling as if you are
facing death alone
facing disease alone
facing the future alone
...
Shd we be so quick to drop it? Rather than turn from loneliness, what if we turned toward it?...
I wonder if loneliness is God's way of getting our attention.

No comments: