Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Happie new year!

Hallo one and all...
Happy Lunar New Year!

I shall share my blessings, yest went to restaurant to eat with my family and relatives. Relatives fr my dad's side. Dinner was good with abalone, sharksfin, yu sheng etc etc. :) Thank God for the food, and also it was great chatting w my parents...and crapping. Lotsa discussions abt the clothes we wore. Mum said I looked like a teacher, while my sis looked like she was going for a-go-go. Haha. I disagree but nevermind. I wanna look like I'm from corporate world..not like a teacher!

I also visited VJ yesterday. In the morning...met Lee BA, B Low (Yay, my fave econs teacher who gives stars on econs essay!), Robert Yeo, Harris, Deborah Tan.
Reminded me of the good life in JC. Supposedly good, compared to uni life...I mean in retrospect, as eu says.
Harris says, it is always better to study...when u work...it is not as simple (Hope I din misquote him) He gave an e.g. of how he had to buy his own bedsheets. Haha. To me the analogy relates to the decisions tat one has to make as an adult and independence tat one starts to have. Decision making was never easy. In JC...the most major decision u can make is, shd I attend lecture? U walk in grps with ur frens, u have a comfy class to go to, a similar break time with everyone. I miss walking ard in groups smtimes.

This morning...woke up...helped with a bit of hsework. And then I read SF's blog. I was so blessed. SF is now a christian (Yes girl I can say tat)! Except she needs guidance to help her along. I am v touched tho, the way she got converted, and I must say she is so hungry for God's word, as a new believer, tat it would put some of us to shame. And I stand in awe of the way God touches our hearts. Indeed..He is faithful and desire for all to come to know Him.

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light." Eph4:8

Have a blessed new year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shite I didnt know abt the part abt him giving stars on his papers.. because I never had a chance to get them!

Haha!

Jet