Monday, January 31, 2005

Contemplations

I realise tat I am a thinking person.
My fren asked me yesterday, are u a very serious person? I realise I am. Was thinking the whole time yesterday. At the table were 5 of us. One of them kept telling stories, making jokes. She is an "I" personality. I am not. When I start telling stories, I dun feel comfy saying my story fr start to end. But I think I need to learn it. And to include some humour to my life story.
Another fren said leaders shd all be "D"-Dominant. I am also not.
I think I pretty much believe in free will and allowing pple to speak and think wat they want.

Now being a leader, I have to learn to be D. Learning it in both church and also in organisanising the forum. When Andrew doesn't like smthing that someone did, he tells it straight to the face. And he is VERY sure of what outcomes he wants. For me, I tell the person "Maybe...", "I think..."

I dun tink there is right and wrong to that. Pastor said yesterday, God created each one of us with different personalities. He knows your weaknesses! But you were not created as an accident.

I thank God tho for a chance to reflect. Ah...again, I conclude I am a person who likes to reflect. :) But when we did the personality test, I scored so low on being a reflector?

Coming out of comfort zone is so difficult. But faith knows no limits.

---

Watched "Shall we dance" with a couple of other cgls yest. Show was interesting. Happy ending. And it was q good...dance is realli a form of liberation I guess. To the male protagonist, John, it was. It made him happy. Oh..and he was tempted by the dancer...for her looks? Her mysterious aura? Something different fr his normal lawyer routine life I guess....
But in the end I think tat he came to the conclusion tat liberation existed not just in dancing...but also real liberation was accepting himself..and letting others know who he realli was? So tat he was free to share with his family this aspect of his life...
He was free to tell his wife tat, look, I am unhappy with my present way of life. So the liberation came not in the dancing, but it came in security..and acknowledgement of oneself.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh.. I think it's often important to reflect, though..
Instead of dashing blindly into things...
I wouldn't know what to think of someone who claims he/she doesnt reflect on anything at all..
Guess a leader has to be both a reflector and an activist at the same time, bah..

Guess both approaches work in diff situations.. sometimes if u juz tell it straight to the face, might come across as insensitive/untactful.. Unless u're really sure that what that person said isn't correct..

Not sure of ur definition of "D".. heh, a dictator is very "D" as well... :P I guess believing in urself and what u have to say isn't mutually exclusive with allowing people to say and think what they want, bah. If u are confident and u sound more right, pple wld naturally listen...
Free will,democracy..:P
hee, not tt i have been in ur position much, but juz IMHO..:P - need i sign off?