Friday, January 21, 2005

Steamboat

Had steamboat cos it was YM's bday. It was a surprise party thrown by her husband. Heh..YM is onli 24 but she is married. Her husband, Ben is like super sweet and good. YM said she prayed for a bf like him. Hehehe...

It was great meeting up with Celia, leech and YM, reminded me of those VCF days. And all over again, I feel this love and togetherness...and how in sch we used to share and prayed for each other.

I came across this verse on Thur:

Isaiah 50:4-9
4 "The Lord God has given Me The tongue of the learned, That I should know how to speak A word in season to him who is weary. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear To hear as the learned. 5 The Lord God has opened My ear; And I was not rebellious, Nor did I turn away. 6 I gave My back to those who struck Me, And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting. 7 "For the Lord God will help Me; Therefore I will not be disgraced; Therefore I have set My face like a flint, And I know that I will not be ashamed. 8 He is near who justifies Me; Who will contend with Me? Let us stand together. Who is My adversary? Let him come near Me. 9 Surely the Lord God will help Me; Who is he who will condemn Me? Indeed they will all grow old like a garment; The moth will eat them up.
10 "Who among you fears the Lord? Who obeys the voice of His Servant? Who walks in darkness And has no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord And rely upon his God.
This verse speaks of Jesus..on the cross. And when He went thru the suffering on the cross, I can imagine His torment when pple spat at Him and taunted Him. How did Jesus feel? I can imagine totally bad.
But Jesus was meek...He was strong. Because He trusts in the Lord.

Because He completed wat the Master asked Him to do, and tat was all tat mattered.

I pray tat...when I see Him, I can say, I have been obedient to wat YOU have called me to do.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I have to warn you: it's hard...but that's the only way to be really happy.

I just came across your blog randomly.

G.b.y. ;)

Lois said...

hi Carol...how old r u? U from spain? I can't read anything on ur blog, cos I don't understand spanish heh. :)
Yup..it is hard to be obedient..but it will yield the best.