Saturday, September 09, 2006

Going for the long haul...

One of the best decisions I made was to go for counseling dip. :) I am currently taking a counseling psych diploma, and we are also given 3 sessions of counseling. It is strange sharing yr thoughts and feelings with a near stranger, but it is good, to be able to open up some of the struggles I had for so long. As my lecturer said, if we wanted to be counsellors ourselves, we must first sort out our own issues and then we can be effective counsellors. I think it is tough to have breakthroughs in our own walk with God, or in our area of weaknesses without being accountable to someone. Sometimes u just need a different perspective to enlighten you, or to remove doubts that weighed you down. Sometimes it was just the wrong notions sitting in yr mind that made u feel angry, guilty or sad, when they need not be sitting there at all.

One of the analogies that on the handphone was so good. And I just need to write this down, lest I forget. If u broke a handphone, if God had a face, what would His expression be, and what do u think he will say to u? Will he be angry with u, smile at u or what?

God will not just smile and say it was okay. He will put His arms around me and lovingly say it is okay. Not only that, He will not give me a look and say next time don't do it again. Instead, He will say to me He believes in me, and has full trust that I will try my best in my next attempt.

Still meditating on this, and it is taking sometime to seep through me, for me to understand God's grace for me over and over again.

Other then that I want to also last in the ministry for Him. It is about going for the long haul. It is not about rushing into it right now, but when I am spiritually, emotionally and financially strong, I can go into the ministry for the long haul. And this is what I want.

Yeah. Going to watch The Devil wears Prada now with some of my colleagues. :) What a really silly title! My abs and legs are aching slightly from the Pilates class I had yesterday. It is one of the company gym lunch time classes which I signed up out of curiousity, and also because my colleagues were all going (5 of them). It turned out quite fun actually. A lot of breathing in and out and curling and bending, and sitting up and sitting down. :)

No comments: