Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Amazing Grace

I really liked Pastor Edmund Chan's definition of "Revival" during the sunday service- where he defines it as: Nothing less than responding to the transforming presence of God.

Then he spoke also of revival from within. In our christian walk, we shdn't be expecting pushes from external, but we shd have a revival from within! Everyday being revived by joy in Him, then bearing fruits for Him.

I listened to this song before, quite a few mths ago, or even a few weeks back. But today as I was listening, the lyrics just made sense to me and touched my heart so much. ;)
I've come full circle, 4 years back I just wasn't ready for this- an alternative christian perspective. 4 years later, I really appreciate the expounding of the word, and the quiet singing of hymms.

God has a way of changing us and moulding us, nevertheless, all our experiences to make us come closer to Him. If we dare to stick close enuff to Him. Who knows what may happen in another 4 years? What would I think and who would I become? And I think, every event that we go thru in life are programmed to best fit our personality. I truly understand myself better right now. :)

Depth of Mercy

Verse One
Depth of mercy can there be
Mercy reaching even me
God the Just His wrath forbears
Me the chief of sinners spares
So many times my heart has strayed
From His kind and perfect ways
Making clear my desperate need
For His blood poured out for me

Verse Two
Give me grace Lord let me own
All the wrongs that I have done
Let me now my sins deplore
Look to You and sin no more
There for me the Savior stands
Holding forth His wounded hands
Scars which ever cry for me
Once condemned but now set free

Original Lyrics Charles Wesley, public domain
Revised lyrics and music,
Bob Kauflin ©1997 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)
All rights reserved. Use only by permission

No comments: