Saturday, June 10, 2006

Amazing!

This morning my mum was studying the bible! Cos she's helping someone give bible studies to the newcomers in church. :) Heh. And I explained to her a little bit, the stuffs she didn't know and told her I had finished the bible 4 times! And she was like waah....heheh. Saw 2 pages of her bible study stuffs, not bad..talking abt Christ's resurrection.

Went for HW's wedding last night, held at his condo, was a buffet. And we left quite early, abt 8ish, and Darryl, Lizhen and I went for a drink at Holland V. Lizhen is getting married too! Wow..with frens getting married and pregnant, I'm starting to feel age creeping up on me. ARRRGGHH!! Anyway Lizhen is attending New Creation now, and she says ever since attending that church, she has been consistent for a long time, and finally understood what grace was! I don't think NCC is perfect and in my opinion has a bit of an overemphasis on grace (but not as bad as it is rumoured/preached to be). But the teachings were a blessing to Lizhen who never understood grace in her old traditional church! Grace is impt- for us to know we do not need to go on guilt trips, and that it is with God's grace that we are able to change. Lizhen was sharing abt 3 years ago when Darryl told her abt grace, she didn't understand what that meant at all! Just like me, 2 years ago I didn't appreciate the VCF bible studies very much, but right now I do appreciate the expository bible studies!

Anyway..today during service worship I had some sort of an encounter with God. I was telling Him- God...come and speak to me, I've been serving u long and hard etc..and I recalled those nights/days of BS, counseling, preparing for CG etc, and then I felt impressed upon my heart...that He was telling me that I was of little faith! Did I think that He loves me cos of my good works? Noo...but whether I am good or not, He loves me, and I draw near to Him by that faith!

No comments: