Wednesday, May 31, 2006

:)

I accidentally stumbled upon my sec/jc autograph book yesterday, and it brought back such wonderful memories! Esp of sec sch...been so many years since, and forgot what it was like back in sec sch. Had a wonderful clique of frens and we mugged together. Times spent in the canteen studying during recess are still fresh in my mind...and me putting my albows to lean on Gail's shoulders..singing songs with Jasmine...yixiang..xinying...mavis..haha...and the song we made together with our names. It was wonderful. And sec sch are good times of our lives where we let down our guards..go to school, go for recess time, mug etc. Sigh..all so structured. No need to make much decisions.
Was stressed at work today. Have to cover a colleague who's on leave for a week. And then have to make operational decisions etc. Usually get to discuss with my colleague...

Argh...anyway thats not the point of my blog...
A bit happy today cos thought through some stuffs. =) And I dunno why the autograph book really helped me to remember how I used to be. A lot of ple said I was cheerful, always smiling etc. And the JC one too...so many good comments. They really edified me a lot! And yups, after going to uni and working, sometimes feel that I've to put up a brave front to the world, can't express myself so much, and then recently I even find it tiring to smile or talk to ple.

Been listening to a CD didi lent me. Its by Chris Tomlin, and many of the songs inside are really good, encouraged me a lot.

Come Home Running-Chris Tomlin
Oh heart of mine, why must you stray?
From one so fair you run away
And one more time you have to pay
The heaviness of needless shame

Oh heart of mine, come back home
You've been too long out on your own
And He's been there all along
Watching for you down the road

So come home running
His arms are open wide
His name is Jesus
He understands
He is the answer
You are looking for
So come home running
Just as you are

Oh child of God so dearly loved
And ransomed by the Savior's blood
And called by name, Daughter and Son
Wrapped in the robe of righteousness

And it reminded me of how dearly loved I am by God...how He is my Father who welcomes me. U know many times, I realise that it is hard to forget things/people. But usually, wat helps is a replacing with other things. My fren said her fren took 2 years to forget her bf, until she met her new bf, then she could get over the bf. And I had a revelation, that it was easier for ple to replace what was impt with another. I am not getting a new bf, but its the rembrance of God's love, and the Father's unconditional love, that makes me realise, there is really no greater love than this. And its everlasting..forever.

The best thing that God created on this earth is LOVE. How beautiful. Going to attend 2 weddings this weekend, both christian weddings. And everytime I'm on the bus and see two lovers staring at each other in love, or on the streets with ple holding hands, I'm just reminded of that emotion of LOVE all over again. Its really a lovely lovely feeling to have someone care for u, hold u, and affirm u. And then I thought if a human's love feels so good, what more the love of God? God is the source and originator of all love right? Yups. No wonder Jesus said in heaven there will be no such thing as marriage..cos we are all married to Christ, and this love....will overwhelm us, so the earthly love is merely a representative of the amazing and great love of God. =)

Yups amazing right? Well..child of God, u don't have to look any further, except at the Father's love! And let this love overwhelm u. Let it be the source of yr love towards the ple around u. That makes it undying....continuous and flows...and then with this revelation, I can smile at ple and not be tired smiling at them...but loving them because God has first loved me. Good right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAh..
"And then I thought if a human's love feels so good, what more the love of God?"
i had the same thought too!
a few months ago..
lay in my bed feeling happy.. then realised that if earthly love can make one so happy, His love must be greater, since all love came from Him. got so touched i actually teared..=7

Lois said...

hey dear...glad u felt that way too! :) Tho smtimes we can get so caught up in our world that we forget abt His precious love! May we grow in His love more and more.