Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Moses & Me

Why did u leave yr palace of luxuries to live a life of suffering?
Moses: Because I was angry when I saw injustice. When I saw my fellow brothers and sisters being treated injustly by the Egyptians. After my eyes were opened, I could no longer stay within the palaces of Egypt.

My favourite character, Moses, today I like to analyse him from another view point. What usually encouraged me was the part where he said he was not eloquent, but God said, who made man's mouth? Other then that...
Moses was a very radical person. He saw injustice and he left, he left the palace an angry & bitter man.
Yet God used him.

I pray that I may not just be a nice, gentle christian, but someone with godly anger. Someone who will stand up for the weak-ple who have no voice in this society.

------
Me...
I'm a very stubborn person.
I remember when I was in secondary school, I liked this singer Eric Moo. I liked him for very long. A few years. Even though his songs started to become "not-as-nice", I still held on cos I liked him! Until one day, I realised that he had a baby with this girl before marriage.. Ha..that was unacceptable to me. And I stopped supporting him.
I miss him a lot. There are so many things that happened that I like to share with him. I wonder when will this stubbornness ever stop?
Did this personality analysis with this HR guy, and he said that I am very rule-conscious. I have a strict set of moral laws that I abide by. Once those are violated, I will be very upset. Its true. ;o But he warned me.. I may become disillusioned.

----
Met up with Leo after such a long long time! Glad he is doing well in his conducting and SSO. We are of the same age! But Leo is pursuing his dream and on his way to fulfilling his dream. He chose an alternative path! That makes me jealous a little while I am slogging in my office being a white collared worker. Hopefully I can be like Moses brave enuff to leave the palace gates! On my way there already...hope it comes through for me. Meanwhile gotto pray and pray and pray.

2 comments:

nardo said...

hey xj,

it was nice catching up too!!!
ur plan with world vision sounds realli good!!

big things are coming gal!!

take care

Lois said...

yo nardo...heh...thanks for visitng my blog after such a LONG time! U better come by more often. Take care too dude. Hope u win yr award! :)