Saturday, May 20, 2006

Forgiveness

Today it was interesting cos Rina came over to give make up cell group. haha..didn't know she was so "I", and she shared a lot of her stories. But one of them that really caught my attention was her story on how the Holy Spirit always prompted her to apologise and makeup with her husband first, even when it wasn't her fault.
And when I came home, I flipped scriptures and looked at them on forgiveness. One of it was a parable of this servant, who was forgiven by his master, and yet he didn't forgive one of his fellow servants. And the master was very angry.
Naturally in the spiritual sense, God had forgiven us of every sin, and we had to forgive our brothers and sisters for the offenses committed against us. Whether or not we feel like..or how justified and self righteous we feel.
This has been bugging me for so long. Feeling so angry, bitter and discouraged by certain leaders' actions/speech/remarks. But nursing this anger has done me no good. I think I am carrying a super bad attitude.
How do I balance that, since Jesus was also angry with the Pharisees, and so were the prophets angry with the ple. How do I balance anger versus forgiveness? How do I balance right teaching versus submission to leadership?
Thats a very very difficult question.
But one thing I know, is that I must not nurse an angry or bitter heart but I choose to forgive and let go. Thank You God, that I have forgiven...XXXXXXX.
This anger impedes me from doing God's will. Sometimes, its totally scary, but I feel so numbed and immune to my feelings. And then sometimes, I can't feel happy. I'm like living my life through the iceberg feelings, not showing the real thing underneath. Sometimes I dun really know how I am feeling.
I need a breakthrough in this area. And I know that one of the keys to it is forgiveness. Which I claim in faith. I have forgiven!!
----

Other then that was reminded of this verse today during worship...

The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.
This was the Lord's doing. And it is marvelous in our eyes. Matt 21:42

Christ was rejected for our sakes...and likewise, we also go thru times when we feel rejected by the world, rejected for our ideas. Yet...Christ, became the chief cornerstone. So...don't be afraid of rejection. Choose the God way, choose the right way.

1 comment:

Lois said...

Hmm....thats another view point, din tink about it this way. Yups, I guess if u dun feel like it and u grudgingly makeup with someone...that can be hypocritical. But I guess when u genuinely treasure someone, it really doesn't matter if u tink its yr fault. For me, I will still makeup anyway.. :P