Monday, April 03, 2006

Decision making

Went to High Point to meet Pastor Don on Saturday. It was quite a good visit though there was some miscomm and I waited for 1 hr at the restaurant while he was waiting for me to call him. Glad that we had a good talk and all that. Not just abt aspects he needed help in for High Point, but also abt church and all that. :) Gonna do some voluntary work for him for fund raising and some of his SE businesses. Feel rather excited about all that tho not sure how it would work out, whether I have the time and then there are other things I was hoping to do like the YEP and the counseling course. But I guess I figured out that if I were to sit on all my decisions I will probably never ever do anything with my life. So I shd just start with this first and concurrently pray for other opportunities.
In the midst of planning all these, how I wished I were a student all over again. Cos of the modular system in biz, I get to choose watever time slot I want. I can then spend the rest of my time helping Pastor Don and the other parts of my time planning YEP and then going for counseling course. Hmm..or if I owned my own business or I were working part time, my time would be freed up to do all these. Har..but the plus pt of being a student is that one need not provide for the family and is not expected to bring home any income.

Then again I must be mindful not to fill up ALL my time slots with many activities. Merely a replacing of the gap within me with activities is not good. And I am reminded that I need lotsa time with God. Never again to crowd out listening and waiting on God with activities.

I visited Covenant Evangelical Free Church on Sunday for their 12pm service. I must say it was refreshing and I enjoyed the service a lot. The moment I stepped into the church I saw my VCF frens. Met Celia, Gabriel, Stephen...Leaders whom I respected a lot in VCF. The sermon was on Colossians..they are currently doing a series on Colossians. It strangely reminds me of R.T. Kendall cos of the way line by line was covered and by book rather than thematic. I remembered like 3 years ago when I first went for VCF camp, Fellowship teachings etc, I didn't appreciate this manner of teaching very much. Back then I felt it was not spirit filled enough or exciting enough and many of the bible verses were just explained as they were, not like Pastor Kong's revelations that diff objects/people represented different things in the spiritual realm. Yet yesterday I appreciated it a lot, the down-to-earth interpretation, line by line, and the msg abt being IN Christ was good.
Had lunch with Willie's cell, and then Celia came over and it was good chatting all over again. Opened up to her abt many of my struggles and it was nice being cared for and being ministered to. :) Yup..then met up another fren later and we chatted and walked around a bit.

Something not very nice happened to someone I love. It's really difficult to care for someone from afar. U wanna call and sms but then u don't cos it is more unloving to do that and will make him feel worst. So I am still praying and trusting God for him, I think Papa knows best. :) God be merciful! And be with us in the midst of our valleys.

No comments: