Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"_

Hi,
this letter really made my day. Its from my kid in Phillipines:

Dear Sponsor,
Have a wonderful day!
Thank you for sponsoring me. I am Roseller Lacpao Jr. I am a Grade II pupil in a public school here in our place. I am the forth child in the family. We are a happy family. We attend church together.
I like to play kite with my friends especially this summer.
Our house is made of light materials such as coco lumber and bamboo strips. We have plants and flowers in our surroundings.
How about you my sponsor?

Couldn't help but smile to myself when I read this. It sounds like someone taught him how to write, but it was so warm. :>

Just spoke to my bro on the phone. I understand how u feel about yr fren cos I felt that kinda lost before too.

There's just so much hurt and depression in this world. How I wish that I could give everyone who is hurting a big big hug...
Most of all, I understand how they feel cos I struggle a bit with negative thoughts too. Being depressed is like sinking in a pit...yr thoughts go about in circles but they keep revolving in the negative. And u feel like there is no reason or future or hope. Its not so easy to SNAP out of it. I struggle too, I confess.

Wat helps me a lot is when I pray, get a book to read, or I bless someone and make someone happy. Frens also make me happy. :)

So its a everyday struggle too...for me to be happy.

Like Paul, I pray that God will take away this thorn in the flesh, but He says that His grace is sufficient for me.

And indeed it makes me feel and empathise so much more with ple who are hurting. :)

In the long term indeed, maybe that's the direction I shd pursue...gonna take up a counseling course pretty soon! Maybe in June, when it starts.

Basically there are a few thots that bother me all the time...
One of it is the ple who are lost...
secondly ple who are suffering (emotionally or physically)

Maybe like the story of the starfish...the boy throwing one into the sea at a time...helping one person at a time..is blessing someone.
How abt the many other millions who are suffering, I ask God...
How can ple remain indifferent to their surroundings and pursue their fame, money and positions?

My parents got 2 lovely & godly daughters. One of them-my sis wants to go to china to teach english..
heh..the other one...
U know who la...Me...

Actually pretty ironic hor...that my parents produce 2 daughters like us.
And speaking for myself, I am not very independent....So I shall learn that! And I shall grow older and become more mature. :>

And I shall pursue my dream.

No comments: