Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Spirit of gratitude

Heh. Easter came and went.
As usual, the easter musical never failed to touch me. Always brings tears to my eyes.
I just wanted to write this post to thank God for everything. For giving me life, love, family, home, work, friends etc and all that.
I know that all things work for the good of those who love Him.

May I never lose the spirit of thanksgiving and gratitude. :)

Hmm..smthing made me feel quite grateful for my job and my kind boss today. Thot in comparison I might have a demanding and rude boss. But mine is kind and fatherly. I think God really knows the season of our lives we are at, and the kind of environment that we need. I think that I am really quite shy and intimidated by ple, so a sales job won't do for me. Tho I often complain abt my sit down at desk number crunching job, maybe at this season, I am grateful enuff for it. Its a part of stability while the other aspects of my life are moving.

Always been praying for God to use me to heal broken hearts. Realise that these days I really meet so many of these. And I think that this season of brokenness for me, helps me indeed to identify with how the hurting feel. Well, God never wastes any period of our lives. =) I pray that I become a better person, and stronger too!!

So it is..always a journey of finding and discovering oneself. And events always lead us to understand ourselves better. I realise I am not so strong, independent or vocal person. U know how sometimes we wish to be of a certain personality, and we kinda project this image on ourselves, when we really aren't it.

Just like I always wanted to be a cell group leader, where I visioned myself standing in front of a group of ple, preaching, challenging and changing lives! But after doing that for a while I realise that I am not good at challenging ple, and there's this intimidation/fear that I need to overcome!
Or the dream to be high on the corporate leader and preach to bizness men about God. Thats a kind of an image to be confident, strong and independent woman, which I really like for myself.
But as I went through this period many of the images I envisioned for myself broke down. And I am truly humbled.
Speaking of being "spiritual", I realise I am not. Beneath the fascade of works and all that, and structures and stability, and there is only me and God.
And thats challenging. And humbling...

Yet it is also a period of growth for me. :)

Yups, so all thanks to Jesus!!! May this heart of gratitude stay with me forever. No matter what happens...though I walk thru the valley, U are with me!
May I be a channel of blessing to the hurting. Use me God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"God never wastes any period of our lives"

that was a sentence which resonated with me.. thanks for the reminder! :)

-curio