Monday, April 10, 2006

:)

Just a short post...
Enjoyed Pastor Tan's msg on Saturday.
And Sunday's sermon at Covenant was very very good. Really liked the message. Challenged my ideas of being committed vs surrender.
Commitment=telling God I want to do great things for Him
Surrender=acknowledge I can do nothing except IN Him

That wowed me quite a bit. At the end of the msg I told God I was so sorry, and I felt really touched.

As I read my old posts I realise I've been a very emotional christian. But from now on I'm not just going to base my faith on emotion=feeling good, feeling God's presence, crying etc. I will base my faith on both the Spirit and the Word of God. I think the Word of God is so so impt. Impt for it to be balanced and read in its context. :)
I don't know where my faith journey will lead me to, but meanwhile its a new stage for my christian walk.

Went out with sister on saturday night for dinner and walked ard a bit and talked. Glad that we have much to share abt and we encourage each other. Sunday after service I met Andrew. Heh, after few months. Glad for the catching up as well.
Yups..glad that I'm moving on.

On memories...the beautiful memories remain part of me. And these days I smile when I think of them. Love is letting go. And I appreciate that statement so much more now. I learn to love. Love is not possessing. He always has a place in my heart.

One day maybe..we will both find our happiness with another. We will get married with others. heh. One day maybe..we will arrive at the same point again in our journey and get back together.

Doesn't matter.

Yesterday during service, pastor asked is it time to STOP? And surrender. Surrender means ALL. And yes it is abt time I surrendered to God. All aspects of my life including relationships, work, church and ministry. I know all circumstances I go thru will only bring me closer to Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's such a simple yet heartwarming post. comforting to read. :)

Lois said...

:) You know..Some days I feel so strong, some days I feel so weak. ha..again shd not depend so much on how I am feeling. ;p