Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Shining Star

Been watching the 9pm Drama this days titled The Shining Star (Xin Shan Shan). I really enjoy the show a lot as I feel that it is very encouraging and positive. In this show, the female protagonist is a blind girl (Ah Li), who is courageous and kind. There's also a social worker in the show, and some wayward youths. :D

Problems in life are inevitable. But instead of focusing on them, and our "disability", we should channel our energy to help others or to find our passions. Focusing on our disability, disables us. It emphasizes our disability. We wallow in self pity and never pick ourselves up.

Why wait for situations to improve before we can truly say we are happy? Humans by nature are disatisfied.
"If I can only have that, I will be happy."
I realise how untrue this statement is. So what...if u have everything? Experience shows that u will want some more..something else will be insufficient enough to make u disatisfied.
We cannot wait for perfect situations before we are happy. The gaping insatiable hole cannot be dependent on circumstances. But we choose to be happy.

And we choose God. His rivers of living water. As He said to the samaritan woman...If you drink my water, u will NEVER thirst again. This true joy...this water that fills our souls. And it stays forever.

Been listening to this song...been crying quite a bit. But this song encourages me a lot.

Every new day
Your glory unfolds
Filling my eyes
With Your treasures untold
The beauty of holiness
Brings worship anew
My greatest love is You
Call me deeper
Into Your grace
The river that flows
From the Holy Place
Wash over me
Cleansing me through
My greatest love is You

If we truly mean it, that our greatest love is Him, then what is too difficult? What ails u today?

No comments: