Saturday, March 25, 2006

Work, colleagues etc

Went for dinner and a drink with my colleagues yesterday after work. :) We went to Maxwell for dinner then drink at Scarlet Hotel. Hmm..the place was ok. They have very sensual names for the rooms like Desire, Passion and all that. We went to the rooftop, but I think our seats were not very good cos it was quite inside and not near the ledge. Not much breeze and can't see the view over the ledge. But the company was quite good. Glad that we can hang out together...not just as colleagues but as friends. There were 6 of us-age range from 23 (me) to 33.

Work is ok-I guess- every work will have its monotony and routine parts. But at least I'm blessed in the aspect of having nice colleagues, relatively good pay and company benefits. Though..I think what makes me tick is finding a work that is truly satisfying. Maslow hierarchy of needs- Self actualisation- feeling fulfilled and feeling like I've contributed to something. Something that resonates within me. Something that I am passionate about. That would be the most fulfilling job for me. I feel that the culture in my company suits me though, and can click with the colleagues. I think that its not time to move anywhere yet. But starting to be a bit more involved in the recreation club. Hopefully can make a difference there by linking up charities and all, and J threw out a great idea yesterday, to organize a YEP trip for my colleagues. That would be super fun!

These days I feel as if there are a lot of me that needs to be moulded. Character and faith and all. So many many aspects that are not good enough. When we are thrown in the deep in situations that test us, it reveals our faith. To be secure in Him...And when it feels all alone to have faith He is with me. That works also for relationships...to be secure...and trust God in all that. And to know u are loved...even when it feels dark.

No comments: