Friday, May 25, 2007

Would u promise to be there forever?

My family had dinner together today...it was the first time in 3 mths that we had dinner outside together cos of my mum's ankle. I am so thankful that she can walk now, though with a slight limp. Nevertheless very thankful that the dear Lord has brought our family thru this challenging period. =)

Dad frying omlette, warming my food for me, waiting on mummy as she went to the toilet....stuffs I would never have seen if mum hadn't injured her ankle. Perhaps I assumed that dad didn't care, but he sure did.

Was watching the 9pm drama serial today on marriage & couples, basically how marriage is tested after some years, with children, and life gets mundane and communication breaks down. I like the theme song...which goes something like "Would you be there to love to be with me...Would you swear that your love is always true...Would you say you willl always be one ...." blah blah...basically a romantic song asking if the other would be there through thick and thin. And really love is like that. Not just a few romantic moments of I love yous. But a cherishing of the other...to promise to hold the other thru death & sickness. A promise to accept the other even if one discovered something unpleasant abt the other.

So I told my fren that boyfriends will go away, but mothers and fathers will love u forever. And it sounds a bit weird and cynical. ;P Actually perhaps what I meant was the incomparable love that parents gave to their children, though sometimes it seems more mundane through the daily acts of service like housework or cooking or asking whether u have eaten yr food, or warming yr food for u....yet parents love their children the most. So we don't really need so many proclaimations of being there for someone forever.... maybe something simple that goes deep will do.

Aww...anyway maybe now I finally have a comprehension of Papa's love for me...which is unconditional....and wants the best for me. How He wants to bring light into the whole universe, how His love is so deep....and how the best I can do is to spread this love to those who desperately need it. In light of that, dear Lord, how shd I respond? Cos I only have one life.
If u have not seen the light, how shall I tell u how deeply He loves u?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post was as a ray of light to me. Just happened to read it when I was feeling particularly frustrated about work and it made me realise what really matters... just 'the daily acts of service like housework or cooking or asking whether u have eaten yr food, or warming yr food for u....yet parents love their children the most' brought unexpected tears to my eyes. I think I haven't taken time out to appreciate my family in a while. Thanks for the reminder =)
-spinky

Lois said...

Hi Spinky dear..
thanks for dropping by...and I'm so glad that this bit touched u. =) It takes quite a bit of mindset change to see these little acts of kindness..It took me so long to realise. Now that mum is well, she immediately started doing all the hsework again...can't believe it that she really wants to take such good care of us.

Anonymous said...

Good words.