Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sleep and wakefulness

I've been sick! It started with a sore throat and flu...and then a headache. Doct gave me 2 days of MC to rest. =P

Silly old me....today is day 2 of my MC, and whilst deliberating whether to go to work today, I went into a light slumber...my bio clock woke me up at 7am today... As I deliberated whether to hop out of bed to work. Throat- check, seems okay, accept for a bit of discomfort...headache seems okay....but nah, I shall sleep somemore...

And so it seems....at 9am, I felt that I was much better! Decided to go to the office for half a day's work. Moment I got out of the bus, the faint feelings returned...I was greeted with surprised looks from colleagues who said- I thought u are on MC! You look pale! What are u doing here? Go home and rest!

I don't know if it was those comments, or was it the faint feeling. Had lunch with some of my colleagues and then as I sat in front of my PC, looking thru the flood of emails, and questions addressed to me, I asked myself- Why am I doing this? What am I doing here? I've become a slave to my work!

Yeah..left my office soon after, giddiness...not able to concentrate. Sigh, I wonder why I did this to myself? My body is crying...rest rest...and here I am.....part of my mind wondering abt the deadlines. But wonder if those deadlines have any eternal consequences anyway? Just what am am I doing here. :( Few more days to 2 years at GIC.

No comments: