Sunday, April 29, 2007

Plateau

As a fren would decribe himself landing on a plateau...and so would I describe this weekend. =)
It started with a nice dinner at a quaint jap place with Clare. Was blessed by the tranquility of the place and the company of Clare. To be able to share with her some of the stuffs that has been crazy at home, and also hearing from her how the Lord has led her through the year.

Saturday we had day of prayer at church, and we spent the whole afternoon praying for missions and missionaries. My heart was encouraged by Pastor Ed's msg on sowing our seed with tears- that even when we think what we have is very little, God can use what little that we have. Heh...yah...and after the prayer I proceeded to meet HY, and we went to Sentosa together! Had some food vouchers from my mum, and so I asked HY out for dinner & some drinks to chill out at Sentosa. Wow Sentosa has changed a lot, it really looks like a little island resort now. We stumbled upon Jazz at the Beach, where we sat down with drinks and some finger food listening to jazz. =) It was again a heartening night spent together, where we shared our fears, problems, blessings, joys and encouraged one another by our journeys. I'm thankful...and thankful that HY is on a new journey in her life as well.

Today- sunday, had nurturing session with 2 new believers, and I am really growing to enjoy this more. =) Its such a blessing and privilege to serve God in this manner, and to see how He is working within individual lives. Both were touched by God during easter service and committed their lives to God. And after that the sermon just added on, as Pastor Tony shared abt some issues he struggled with as a leader. This very open sharing ressonated in my heart and encouraged me a great deal- esp the part on performance trap. I am so thankful that God has brought me to this church, tho I still need to adjust to certain things like raising of hands and not speaking in tongues during service, but I am assured that the inward change is much more important than the outward forms. Something really is right abt the way this church functions, servant leadership, and allowing God to move so freely in individual lives..everyday hearing wonderful testimonies from people.

Had lunch with the cell and hanged out after that too.... =) Thankful and enjoyed myself today. Tho now I am feeling a bit sleepy. haha. But I shall enjoy this plateau time afterall. At peace and restedness with God.

No comments: