Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kindness

I was supposed to have some meetings this morning....but they were cancelled! So I have the whole morning to catch up with my work. And thought of blogging just a short note. ;)

Was reading a fren's blog and she was talking abt ple asking her abt what she wanted for a bf, which she said "good christian boy". This triggered some thoughts that I 'd been thinking abt too. Hmm.. realise how I was sorely missing being asked about my life- whether mundane aspects or bigger things like career. But not just anyone, someone who cares and remembers what I had said in the past, to ask the correct questions and who makes me comfortable to share. Realised that when my colleague drove me home, and when we started talking, I just felt so relieved to share some of the things that I've been thinking about. And ya, I felt like it was therapy. Thank God for this short ride home and for this sense of connection that I feel. Which made me realise what I really want in a mate, is someone who will listen to me! Someone who is patient enough to listen, caring enough to remember what I have spoken, and ya...it brings to mind what the Soul-to-Soul singer Sharon said- she realised what she needed was someone who was kind.

No comments: