Friday, December 01, 2006

Appraised

I had a good appraisal with my boss today! He gave me a lot of positive feedback, i.e. I was bright, analytical, had good communication skills and was a good team player. :)
I've worked for about 1.5 years now. Working is different from studying cos there are no exams or assignments to help u grade yr performance. So this appraisal was really encouraging to me. A good end to the year 2006.
Don't think I've very good communication skills actually, and I have problems expressing myself at many times. But I do get along well with my colleagues, and I enjoy interacting with people across different divisions and departments as well. So it's pretty encouraging to know that even though some times I don't feel very confident, I still make people feel comfortable.

I really gotto pray about my job after today's appraisal. I'm so thankful for my boss that he cares more about us as individuals, and he is able to see how we all fit in the company. I am pleasantly surprised by the new opportunities for the coming year. But yes...I've to pray to see when it is time for me to move into more social stuffs.

Thur was interesting meeting up with Andrew & Wendy. Wendy is a lawyer, but she is active in fair trade, conservation, advocacy work etc. Hopefully rubbing shoulders with people who are socially interested will get me started somewhere as well. New ideas? New vision? Starting an organization or a project?

New things are also happening at Don's side. Not sure what are the concrete plans yet, but will be meeting him when I'm back from Manila. ;)Then he will share about the new ministries in china, to chinese youths in Singapore... Hope that I can play a part in that too.

Actually no harm really, another 2-3 more years at the corporate sector, doing social stuffs part time, establishing my social networks. And I'm sure God will lead me after this. Been praying really hard and telling God I wanna do social stuffs right now. Seems like He is opening doors for corporate side, and showing me that this season is not over yet. ;)

I can't help thinking of the man in the bible who planned his business and wanted to build a barn to store up his crops:
18 So he said, 'I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry." ' 20 But God said to him, 'Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?' 21 So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
Luke 12:18-21

How short life is...how vulnerable we are. And we must live the best we can be at every moment of our lives. Fully using it for His glory.

No comments: