Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Noise

Many bim bim and blinking lights this xmas! Christians and non-christians alike, celebrate this season. So many lunches, dinners, gatherings to celebrate the season. I wonder whether we really know the reason behind the season?

Can't really say no to the lunches and dinners. Tho this extravagant lifestyle somehow doesn't ressonate on the inside, yet I exist in a world and society which I must conform to. Maybe as long as I exist here in this environment, I must compromise on certain values.

Or can I choose not to?

Was encouraged at the GIC & MAS CF christmas party yesterday night, where I had the opportunity to share my testimony(http://journey-in-christ.blogspot.com/2006/12/testimony-on-unity.html). It didn't seem that much to me, but a few people came up to me and said they were v encouraged through my sharing. And I stepped back and saw clearly, how good God has been to me throughout this period. How gracious He has been to me. And not only that, I can now step back and understand that all I went through was for a reason, and it made me a much better person.

I know what I will like to do for myself. I will wanna spend my life with the person I love and serve the needy forever. Yet, at the end of the day, it is not about what I want. Things I don't like to do...I was "forced" to do...how beautiful those things turned out to be. From ashes into beauty. The sweet aroma that comes out of obedience. Like...staying >1.5 years in this company, but time flew. And amazingly...this time has been miraculous. The opening of doors to go on an overseas community trip...and how the team bonded together so well...how there are so many opportunities to share of God's love. How.....I don't feel adequate talking to very confident people, yet having opportunities to testify to them..and seeing God work in their lives and in mine.

No comments: