Friday, March 23, 2007

Martha Martha...

I've been feeling like Martha these days...very unrestful, very busy and very tired with all the things I am supposed to do. Today while sitting at the office, I suddenly felt like not doing anything at all. My brain just froze. But tmr is another day, and tmr and tmr and tmr...
I've been trying to rush a research paper and have been staying later than usual last week. Its a vertical learning curve trying to understand all the different new terms and receiving emails that don't look readable. By the time I am home it is 9pm! Washing up, having dinner, washing bowls, and then squeezing in the time to do some minor housework. After which finally, I can sit down and have some quiet time and space by myself. Sigh, I feel like a robot.

Thursday a speaker came to share with us at CF. This lady who is quite high ranked in the banking sector, and she encouraged us a lot through her testimonies of how she shared Christ with people around her. And one Psalms that she shared really cut through my heart:

Ps 131:
1Lord, my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with things too profound for me. 2 Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, Like a weaned child with his mother; Like a weaned child is my soul within me. 3 O Israel, hope in the Lord From this time forth and forever.

Oh like a weaned child...I just need my papa's arms to comfort me once again, where I can find rest for my soul.

No comments: