Saturday, March 17, 2007

Tired

I've been feeling miserable for the past few days. And today, I am feeling tired after wiping the floors with magic mop cleaners, hanging the clothes and ironing the clothes, and mum calling my name from afar to help her do things here and there- just when I am in the midst of something (like now!). And there is a whole pile of clothes that needs to be folded. I know I shdn't be feeling this way, but I can't help these feelings of weariness. And this small whinny voice that says, its a saturday, u shd be out with yr frens, or you could be reading, or you could be doing that counseling assignment due in April, or you could be catching up on some sleep, remember?

Arrrghs. : (

I hope I learn to be more big hearted and patient...I hope that God will give me the grace to pass the next few weeks and months. I pray dear Lord, grant me love...grant me the capacity...

Expectations of myself and others...
Was reading this bit in my psych text on depression, and it says that we shd encourage counselees to manage expectations. I'm still trying to manage my expectations, I desperately want to be a good daughter, a social activist, an encouraging cell group member, an efficient office worker and a loving friend. Woweee, this list overwhelms me. And yah...I hope that I can learn to manage my expectations and to learn to be joyful in simple things.

1 comment:

Lois said...

Dearest Spinky...thank you for dropping by! Your encouragement really means a lot to me. :)