Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Loving my neighbour

Hmmm, havent been updating this blog for some time. Anyway been under quite a bit of stress. Starting to have deadlines at the office. But been feeling the stress too, with the daily visits to the hospital and housework to do! Mum is emotionally down cos she is physically very immobile. Think it will take a month before she can walk without the clutches. Meanwhile, she is still nursing at the hospital.

I finally understand what Anil meant when he said that we should not put poor people into categories of poverty (wrt to jeffrey sachs book), because he said, if yr neighbour had a colour TV set, and you don't, then you are poor. In a way that is true, because from a micro perspective, when I compare my mum with other poor people, she is definitely much more well off. But yet why do I feel so sad for her? Because she is my mum. And in this aspect it is hard to weigh who is suffering more or less. All I know is, she is in front of me, and she is suffering, per se.

One of those days where I feel very tired, and feel like I've woken up on the wrong side of bed. But I know that this week will pass by quickly. And His grace will be sufficient for me. :)

Teach me dear Lord, to number my days.

No comments: