Monday, October 09, 2006

The width and length and depth and height: of His love

Ephesians 3:14-21
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, F6 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height-- 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Spent some time praying today before getting down to study for my test, and was very encouraged by God's reminder that He loved me so much. It was as if He engulfed me with His love. And this love, as Paul has described, is so hard to comprehend. It means that even if I mess up, am notti, imperfect, din meet my expectations, God still loves me. And how can I comprehend this love? How can I understand how much He loves me, for even myself, I cannot say I love myself unconditionally, whether I perform or not. But His love so touched my heart tonight. ;)

Was listening to my mp3, and then it came to this song:

I Simply Live, Hillsongs
Say the word and I will sing for You
Over oceans deep, I will follow
If each star was a song
And every breath of wind, praise
It would still fail by far to say
All my heart contains
I simply live, I simply live for You

Chorus:
As the glory of Your presence
Now fills this place
In worship, we will meet You face to face
There is nothing in this world
To which You can be compared
Glory on glory, praise upon praise
You bind the broken hearted
And save all my tears
By Your word, You set the captives free
There is nothing in this world
That You cannot do
I simply live, I simply live for You

And it brought so many memories. Cos I remember I sang this song when I was in JC, and that was abt 1 year after I had converted, so full of faith in God, and just growing. Starting and learning to put my trust in Him. And I remember when I first converted, we had such a difficult time at home, not being able to attend meetings/cgs and being scolded when we got home late, being shouted at and all tat. And when I sang this, I really meant it with all my heart. Though right now at this pt, I can look back and know that many of the things I declared then might not have been tested...it was really true many years after JC to now, that slowly God moulded my heart. Yet, I could remember myself then, just having tat kind of simple faith to believe in God, that I simply live for Him. And one of the miracles that happened was that my parents got saved! We prayed for 3-4 years? Before they finally did. And yup, I know nothing is too great for my God...

How can I even begin to comprehend His love for me? So unconditional. Dear God, help me to understand this love...when i get depressed, tired and lost. Help me God. Amen.

No comments: