Sunday, October 29, 2006

Do you know I love you?

I was praying last night, sniffy nose and all. And on and off, this question has been flirting in my head. "Do you know I love you?"
The sniffy nose me started to cry, and ask God, God- Why do You love me? What exactly about me do You love?
And the question kept repeating, "Do you know I love you?"

Me: "No, I don't know. Why do You love me? There's nothing about me that deserves to be loved."

Images of myself in the past, things I've done, things I've not done.

But these were not impt.

Yes, I know that God loves me unconditionally. He loves me because I am me.

---------------

Service was great today. Talking about the MarketPlace again. But it was a radical message to surrender to the Lordship of Christ in our lives.
With reference to Col 3:24, 4:1, Pastor Edmund said that these were not only written to instruct us to bear a good testimony as christians in the mkt place, or as bosses we pity our subordinates. But really, the whole book of Colossians was about the Preeminance of Christ, Jesus must be Lord over every arena of our lives.

Why do you work? Puritans viewed work as a stewardship to God. Who do you work for? Your master should be God, and not yr mthly pay cheque.

We are a faithful witness when we demonstrate the transformation of God in every arena of our lives.

Was touched when Pastor Edmund shared about what he told his domestic helper. On the first weekend that she had an off day, he sat her down with his wife and two children, and told her that they treated him like a daughter in the family. Every day- off, and they gave her some money and said- Go and enjoy yourself.

Wow. To be in a position of authority- and yet not lording over others, but being Christlike.

Then he brought our attention to Lev 25:43- The year of Jubilee and what is in God's heart.

The grant reversal of greatness in the bible- Whereas the way of the crowd equates success to being in a position of authority, the way of the cross equates success as stewardship & servanthood. That is what is radical about Paul's message.

Can it be that, a person who loses everything for the sake of Christ- is actually the true success story?

No comments: