Sunday, October 22, 2006

Greenridge Shopping Centre & Bukit Panjang Shopping Centre

In the area I live in, Marine Parade/East coast, I hardly go to the Choa Chu Kang area, except for 1 year ago when we had some cgs there at Pending. Wow...it is really a very long ride to Covenant, have to take a bus to Orchard and then change to 190 and then walk down the reservoir to reach the church. Maybe takes 1.5 hrs? When I told some church friends that, someone remarked- Wow, u must really get blessed going to church every week! ;) That was quite amusing. Just like my mum's grouses on why "choose new church choose somewhere so far?", or questions like "You stay near Bukit Panjang?".

Yeah I must admit the distance is quite a deterence...and it gets lonely when most of my friends there stay in the west area. But I like it there enough to want to travel there every week. :) Today's msg was on the Mkt place. I felt it was a good and balanced teaching. And really led me to evaluate my attitude towards work and my job. I hope that I may do everything heartily unto God, and with a good attitude. The speaker said something, "if the meat decays, don't blame the flesh, blame the salt"- in context of how we christians are to be the salt and light in the mkt place. I hope that I may be....found faithful steward, and pleaser of God, not men. Oh yah, we sang my favourite song today- "You alone- You are the peace that guards my heart...."

Had a good laugh with some of the cg people. Am looking out for a new cg in the east. Nevertheless, am thankful for this fellowship that God has blessed me with. I enjoy our fellowships at Greenridge shopping centre and Bukit Panjang....haha....unfamiliar territories- whether in terms of geographical location or people. Needs time to get used to. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the West! I've lived in the west all my life and you'll slowly come to realise that the west is the best! Much better than the east....kekeke!

Hope you will continue to be blessed in CEFC! =)

Lois said...

haha i will always love the east for the EAST coast park!!