Saturday, October 28, 2006

Drinking Beer

I received a phone call from HY last night around 7ish, was on my way home for dinner! And she asked if I was free to join her at her aunt's pub @ Central Mall. Was an enticing offer. Had dinner at home and reached there about 1030pm. Yeah the night was still young. HY's bro and HJ were also there. It wasn't like Balaclava or Paulaner, it was quite a small place, and we settled comfortably outside. It was just such a break from mundaneness. Have never drank with HY before actually, only with colleagues and other frens. :)

I like to drink beer! And I like to stay out late at night cos it is just so cooling, and it feels like it is easy to talk.

Went back abt 1ish, and HY's bro drove us back. Think I haven't been home so late before except for overnight prayer meeting, and christmas and new year's.

Along the way HY and I were talking abt everything, from Singapore to the govt to entrepreneurship to SE to money, i.e. the high cost of living in Singapore, how Singaporeans are unhappy, and how we compromise to behave like everyone else. I am just so amazed how we kind of progress together wrt to our thoughts. And God has indeed blessed me with a gem of a friend whom I can relate to. :)

Was awoken this morning by my parents arguing abt curtains. SIGH. Even though I slept at 3am. Went for prayer walk @ Woodlands in the afternoon...took me 1.5 hrs to get there by a bus that goes by the expressway. Covenant is building a church at Woodlands, and today was survey day and also prayer walk the HDB flats/schs etc. Had a good chat with my church mates. Felt a sense of deja vu, praying and mingling with church people, getting into fellowship of church mates. Yet a bit apprehensive and afraid. Read- my spiritual blog post to understand what I mean.

But I am all sniffy now, I think I caught a cold due to the drizzle... ha....and late night's sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee... why u like beer? it seems like a rather musculine drink.. I like cocktail, barcadi, and that ice-cream-like alcoholic drink.. forgot its name? Yummy..

I had a similar session with best friend 2 days ago on the way home.. wasnt talking about just anything under the sun (which is nice too), but everything on my mind and in my heart.. things I wouldnt easily tell others..! Haven't felt so relieved, free, and normal for a long time. Maybe that is only where I can exist.

Good you had quite a wild night, but with a safe, warm, cosy group ;)

Anonymous said...

take me there when we next meet : )

Lois said...

Hey Q, come back soon. :)

Janaie- I like the taste of beer in the mouth. German beer is better though.