Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Miscellenous thots

Hmm...feeling really quite sleepy, cos I slept about 1 plus yest. I went to visit Willie's cg yest night again, my second time. It was near Bukit Panjang area. Was quite alright, had worship and discussion and broke down into pairs to share & pray. Shared with an American Chinese- his name is Ab (Abraham), and it was really good in the way he was patient in listening to me, and it made it easy for me to share. :) After cg I shared a cab with Ab and 2 other guys from the cg to go home, cos it was already about 11pm. By the time I got home it was abt 1145pm!!
Dad wasn't too happy that I was back so late on a Monday night, and he told mum that he had to "wake me up" from my idea. :S Was telling my sis, the way he sounded was as if I came back at 1am drunk, or he had caught me taking drugs. But truth was, I reached home at 1145pm from cell group meeting. I didn't go stealing, clubbing or peddling drugs. SIGH. Really repressive around here.
Gonna be taking some time off on Friday to stay at home to pray and at night helping Pastor Don with his fund raising dinner. :) Really looking forward to friday!!!

Work has been fine. haha. As u can see, I've time to update my blog during office hrs. Its relatively not that bz, and it is happy being able to take time to plan the Habitat trip to Philippines! Team mates have been fantastic, esp the PR side, coming up with logo and poster designs within one week. Thankful for that. :)

I'm thinking thru many stuffs. Mainly on The Cross- what it means. Also about suffering, and what it means to be a partaker of Christ's sufferings. Am very blessed and encouraged by this other book I'm reading "The Inward Journey"- Gene Edwards. Maybe cos it is witten as a series of letters, but contains many spiritual truths. I guess not many authors like to talk abt suffering, and the emphasis on the victorious christian life makes ple shun this topic. Yet Paul makes so many references to being partaker of His sufferings, persecutions, trials etc, and I wonder how I missed them out! With the death and suffering then leads to victory! Shall type out parts of this book in my other blog. Do look out for it!

No comments: