Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Never stop dreaming!

Heys ple

I've gotten a job with GIC, and I will start on 16th May.

GIC = Government Investment Corporation
GIC is a global investment management company established in 1981 to manage Singapore's foreign reserves. With a network of six overseas offices in key financial capitals around the world, GIC invests internationally in equities, fixed income, money market instruments, real estate and special investments.

Since our inception, we have grown from managing a few billion dollars, to more than US$100 billion today. With a portfolio this size, we are now amongst the world's largest fund management companies.

The group strives to achieve good long-term returns on assets under our management, to preserve and enhance Singapore's reserves.
http://www.gic.com.sg/aboutgic.htm

I'm HAPPY!!!

My ideal salary is 2.5 K per month. The salary I am getting is close to that. And I get 13 months salary..means in dec, I have one more extra month of salary. :) SO tat works out to be more than 2.5K. :)

Have been faithfully giving to the building fund and missions fund. I remember last year when Pastor John Avazini challenged us to gave our "precious", I gave almost my all. Indeed as we give God our best, He will also provide and bless us with the BEST!! Nothing less than the best really.
As I put in my money, the Holy Spirit did speak to me then. I had this vision...
Of businessmen and business suits...
and preaching the gospel to them.

Today Pastor Audrey shared on never losing ur dream! I have a dream tat..
I will stand on the platform and speak to business ple.

I told the Lord wat I wanted for my job:
-Somewhere where I am challenged, can learn and grow
-Somewhere where I can reach out to my colleagues
-Somewhere with good pay
-Somewhere with time for me to serve Him in CG.

Letter from GIC 7th April 2005:

Dear Xiao Jia,

We would like to invite you for an interview for the position of Officer
(Management Reporting Group). Below is the job description and would
appreciate that you could let me know whether you are interested:

OFFICER (MANAGEMENT REPORTING GROUP)
(Ref code: FSDOMRG3)


You will be part of a group that is responsible for reporting on the
valuation and performance of investment assets managed by GIC.


Your role includes:
· Preparing and reviewing reports for management and other departments
in GIC
· Ensuring accuracy and integrity of the systems and databases that
support the reporting of positions, valuation and performance of assets
· Developing, implementing and maintaining controls, checks and
workflows to ensure the quality and timeliness of the data in the valuation
and performance databases
· Participating in projects to enhance existing systems as well as
developing new systems to support the reporting of existing and new
financial instruments that GIC invests in


It is really really God's blessing and favour.
I dun have 3 years experience, nor Access knowledge nor CFA.

I got a job within one month?

HAha...

With Him, all things are possible!
And if I may boast in anything?
I boast in HIM. :)

2 comments:

Sailor said...

Hey! Praise God for the job!
Happy 4 U!

Work hard and all d best.


Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats!
*pops the party poppers
better go buy more power suits!

Cheers,
Eugene