Thursday, May 19, 2005

First day of work

Today I din have much to do..learnt abt the HR policies and also abt the facilities and code of ethics. Then had lunch with my boss and a few other newcomers. I was so amazed by their efficiency. They made the access card for me already, and on the spot, made me a GIC card with my picture on it. And also..my workstation has my name on top, and my drawer is filled with stationary. My computer is a flat screen..very spacious work station. And on my table were a stack of name cards customised for me! Wow.

My boss is a super duper nice guy. He is the deputy director but he has no airs. He is so smart from the way he interacted with ple and the opinions he gave. I feel comfy.

Yah..aniwae my colleagues are quite old..maybe late 20s? My boss is in his late 30s...So gotto adapt. I got a fren from uni in another division of the same department though. Quite good but we are on different floors.

The highlight came at almost the end of the day, my director came over and said, I have great news for u on ur first day of work. And guess wat, they increased my pay starting from june by 300 dollars higher. They adjusted it to the latest mkt rates. I'm so happy. Tats like exceedingly abundantly above wat I was asking for. :) Thank you God.

No comments: