Saturday, May 07, 2005

hoarse voice and nite breezes

Yoho..
Went to bedok jetty to fish yesterday with some of the cg. It was a fun time! Not because of the fishing, but because it was a whole new experience. The nite breeze was cooling..and the dark sea waters that lapped up the shores were nice...
Boundless seas...masses of dark waves ahead..and lost in them.
I have a thing for the sea, u see. :)

Had to leave cos of my silly curfew...so left at about 12 plus..and walked over to the food centre. Sat down for a while with reuben, singnee and emin. And I ate a satay and drank sugar cane juice. Interesting chat with them. Haha..do u realise tat at nite...ple open up more easily? Seems like it. (Tip: if u wanna get to know someone, find them at nite)

By the time I left, it was about 1am? And I take a 5 min walk to the underpass, then walked down the underpass alone...it was q a hmm...not so nice experience. It was deserted. In front of me there was nobody, and behind too. Hah...
Hmm...trust me to insist tat my hse was really near. 5 min seemed like 20 min..
ya aniwae after the underpass, reached my condo gate, realised tat they chained it up. :( Hrmph..had to walk one big round from behind to the guard post, b4 reaching home at about 115am. eheh. Safe and sound. Phew.

wokies...
Ya..
and aniwae now i got a hoarse throat. Had sore throat already, but sang loudly during praise and worship. After singing, i realised i got no more voice.
Now i dun feel like talking to anyone.

I got 3 essays/writeups to do:
1. Decided to join the EMERGE essay competition. HEre's the topic:
“Apart from Jesus, who is your favorite Bible character? Describe in detail how you've been personally impacted by the life and experiences of this character.”

Definitely MOSES. :)

2. Huileng asked me to write on travel experiences...in the christian mag she gonna have.

3. Article for the SE forum! To be put in SALT magazine..

Yay...
some days, I can just sit at home..type happily on the comp.
I love to get a cup of tea, prop my leg on the table and read a good book.
I like to...be an introvert. On some days...

---

Before I end, I will like to share this good book with u guys.
Its called "Biting the bamboo: 8 years in Yunnan" by Dr. Tan Lai Yong.
For 8 years, Dr. Tan and his family stayed in the villages of yunnan, to provide medical help? And also to teach village doctors.
He writes abt his many interesting experiences with the locals. Sometimes his intentions got misinterpreted by the locals too.

He quotes Lao Zi:
Go to the people, live among them
Learn from them. Love them.
Start with what they know; build on what they have.
But the best leaders, when their task is accomplished,
their work is done, the people will remark,
We have done it ourselves.

Indeed.....
I find tat leadership is an interesting task...
Its all about..
helping ple find a vision..
and the vision from God..
and then..
using watever they have...to build on watever they have. :)

People can be so interesting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hou long hao le ma?

Part of what i wanted to do on the korea trip was to sleep alot, be away and to read books.... er, loner-ish..:P
Maybe im oso starting to see enjoyment in being comfortable w being w oneself..
Not bad to have an introverted side mah..:P enjoy another side of life..