Sunday, May 22, 2005

The market place

Just got home from church...wow...quite tired and sleepy but it was a tremendous sermon today at church. Very powerful and impacting.

Today Pastor talked abt Marketplace christians. We are all anointed to be his ministers in the marketplace. One of the examples he gave blew me away. There was an indonesian businessman who owned many motels and has 2000 workers under him. One day at his board room, he gave his heart to Jesus and committed the company to God. Next he hired 40 pastors to come to his office. He told the 40 pastors to talk and mingle with the staff everyday. Pray for them for their needs, and they were NOT to share the gospel until a miracle took place thru the prayers they made for the staff. Within 2.5 years, all of the staff received Christ.

The motels that he owned were frequented by prostitutes. He converted them to executive hotels, cos prostitutes could not afford them. And in those motels that still existed, the receptionist told visitors that there were people interceeding and praying for them 24 hrs, and to feel free to ask for help if it was needed. Prayer chapels were set up in the motel. Thousands of customers received Christ within 1.5 years.

Such a powerful testimony.
I pray tat I may make an impact in the company that I work for too. The message confirmed and reminded me of my calling and my vision. :)
In this vision, once again, I saw faces in front of me. Faces who needed God's love. People from all walks in front of me..so near.

---

Grateful for a public holiday tmr to chill out. Having lunch with HY and terence tmr. I'm slowly being eased into the working world. Starting a new life, new environment, within I am filled with apprehensions. It is a transition to a whole new world.
On friday, Agnes, a newcomer like me, came for her first day of work. I am grateful for her. She is 2 years older than me. Haha..and we newbies...together with some other newbies from other departments went for lunch together. Erk..at some Samy's place with food costing abt 7.50. Wahz..so expensive. :( But it was good company...and I feel comfy.
The next few days till 31st MAy I will still be under training in the mornings. In the afternoons it is Q&A time as well as some on the job training. I am immensely grateful tat I am not thrown into the dark waters to sink, but slowly I am being eased into the new environment.

And indeed the Lord will give me strength to be a minister in my environment and to continue to lead the youth cg. Thank you God. :) Youths...
Every youth has the potential to go this way or tat. Every day is a new challenge, but every person is so unique and special in God's eyes...
And He loves every single soul so much..with all of His love.
If He did not spare His only son, why would He withhold other things from us? Are the things we desire more costly than His son?

Trusting in a big God..and God almighty. Who is the God of heavens and earth. At the end, we try our best, we walk our best and we trust Him. God almighty.

I love u Jesus!

Thank u for giving me the chance to live again..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hiyo... ah.. oops.. forgot u start work liao... hope u have fun/cont to be excited/learn..work hard ah..:) jia you!