Wednesday, March 30, 2005

In transition

Called Prof today, he said he can only finish reading my chapt 1 to 3 tmr, then on sat he will start with chap 4 and sun chapt 5. Hmm..and he says we will talk over phone the changes. He says last year his student and him talked on sunday till 2-3am.

I'm not too thrilled abt that prospect...to finish my thesis at Monday 2-3am, and print and bind it in a matter of hours. I never do such last minute work. I pray tat by the time he reads on sat, there wun be much changes.

In transition. Tats wat I am in. Attended a GE talk today on their graduate program, and then there's some 6 mths rotation thing. Wow..sounds good, and get to stay 6 mths overseas. That would be really exciting. Reminds me of the time during JC where I hoped to study abroad for my university, but din manage to get a scholarship.

Nevertheless not wat I want, but I pray tat the Lord will show me. A bit of going thru an up and down rollar coaster..and a turmoil in my emotions and thoughts.

Funny thing is, I'm not even sure wat I like as a job now...or wat my personality is. Seemed to have been too trained and personality changed. Kinda an in-between now.

As I was walking thru the carpark...memories kept flowing in. And in and in...
as I saw the TKGS girls boarding the bus..heh...
thought of how I wished to be cool and hip in sec sch. But was always the nerd.
Then I thot of the TKGS girls in VJC.
Then I thot of my RGS days in my pinafore...and the sch bus tat I took..and the super duper easy worryless life I had.
Then I remember...myself queueing up in the old church building at tanjong katong...in my rgs uniform. Hehs.

Okie enuff...
back to reality and work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heheh.... er, dreaming like i always do.....

..I have not much of an idea too.. do u think Samantha tay can help... ive scheduled a career 'talk' with her next week.. since she's like jus one level above... can juz have lunch tog.. heee u can come too!

Mary says that should gao hao guan xi w the career ppl.. lawrence, samantha etc.. personal connections give u priority. woah im not too sure abt that... scully blacklisted. Pretty resume will no longer get past them like it used to. She asked, 'how can u say tt? wat's ur reading of e human psychology?' mm..

y turmoil..

Mmm, not good la! a few hours to bind means q ex esp when still gotta make a few copies?..mm hurry him abit cant ah...hee... say treat lunch.. heh..

Lois said...

hahah think shd meet her separately. Cos my career and urs different. Met her b4 for resume critique. She's really nice.

WHo is the "she" who made that comment?

He got no time to read..he says i come to sch on sunday. TInk i might as well camp overnite in school now. ;p Ya...tink will do tat.

Anonymous said...

huh?... err... sleep where?....

hee erm.. i remem my fren once stayed overnite from studying late by sleeping in the PGP study room's sofa...
erm..hee.. doesnt sound like a good idea..

She's nice... yah she gave mi useful comments for resume before also. I wonder what she can say that i don't already know, tho. Heh...mm.. 3 pple less formal mah, 2 pple give input each..:P

Mary.... she has PR in her blood, that type..("arent we sposed to be nice to pple?")..She believes connections will get u jobs..