Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The cycles of life

D shared with me yesterday tat his mum only had a few days left. His mum has cancer. He sounded strong, and said tat he is at least comforted that his mum has been baptised.
I didn't know that the news affected me so much, until I dreamt.
I had a nightmare. Of someone v close to me, dying. And it was terrible. In my dream I was bawling, crying, wailing. And I grabbed that person v close...but it was as if life sipped out of her life..and all I could do was cry.
I felt lost.
A deep sense of loss...
A part of me gone...
I din know I cared so much for her.
And then..momentarily..it gave me an inkling of how D felt.

When D put down the phone he said...so you must treasure your parents and those close to u. Indeed we must.

How vulnerable a life is. How easy to fall. How life..can be cut off..in a sec...

Almighty God..I pray for the soul...of my frens.
There's gotto be an urgency for them.

---

Been pretty stressed out. WJ has been great encouragement. He is also doing thesis. Fellow ple in the same boat. I'm not sure I've encouraged him much. But he is really angelic to msg me jia you at different times of the day. :) Thank God for frens. Once again...yups.

Collected guitar today! yay! Super happy. I might have to play for cg. Cos mel has got her promotion, and wun be able to attend fri cg regularly. Yups. So must master it pretty soon.

---

In a while, I will be attending YM's wedding. The first wedding dinner I'm attending of a peer! Well, she is 2 years older. But it is a wonderful experience of rejoicing. Hoho..Yay...

The amazing cycles of life.

Reminds me of Fann Wong's song...
Ren you bei huan li he..
Yue you yin qin yuan que

Reminds me also of Eccl..
There's a time for everything

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm......wonder who the "she" is...

I had such a dream before.. in Pri 2.. I still remember it..(tho might prefer not to..that stretched out arms..vibrating in a sitting position, and.. sheesh better not remem)...It was not a dream triggered by anything external I think.. and it was a bad omen.
Something happened after that...
And since then i had been terrified of e possibility of losing... a parent..
and of illnesses in general.

Yah such news often remind one to treasure family members..try to remind myself everyday. Hence, the possibility of shifting out to live independantly doesnt complement.. like, not as if theres forever left..

yah..close... erm...I always do. gotta b mutual ah..

thnx for caring yest..=) hugs

Jia you..:) erm 2 pages per day left?.. hows it coming along..

woah man.. i see 2 frens' nicks are "Mrs XX in may 2005" and "gotta be married soon!".
eeks.

Lois said...

Hellos..
Thanks for ur reply...
Wat was the mutual close question about? :)
Me dun wish it to be any bad omen. Tink just been exposed to death. Bleahs.
Take care gal..press on.

Anonymous said...

hee...welcome...:P sounds abit formal, tho i know it's not..

it's not a question.. Just saying u might always treasure those who r close.. whom u care abt in this short life.. but it's not always mutual.. wld it still work.

yeh, not bad omen, cos urs is influenced by external events.. still playing in ur subconscious as u sleep.
Mine was unprobed by e external..

Death is scary.better live w no regrets. easier said than done.
Thinking of some good articles written by a Father in Catholic News.

Yah..:) oh well. such a lonely existence smtimes..