Sunday, September 28, 2008

I really want to know Him...

Life has been busy!! Saturday I had three meetings in a row, starting from 9am and ending at 7pm. I've been averaging 5-6 hrs daily. And I am so exhausted. Even on sundays, I have to wake up at 730am now for church, since service now starts at 10am, and its at Woodlands!

Glad for last night's time for dinner and meaningful conversation, I was so blessed that Ed managed to show me things that I didn't realise abt myself and about God.
This afternoon it was lunch with DG mates, then my favourite step boarding class at the gym. And then tmr is my off day, and I realise that Wed there is a public holiday hurrah!

Exciting things are happening at work, but also terribly challenging. I'm still passionate abt it though. And I told my fren today, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else now, or I can't think of anywhere else that I rather be. Cos in spite of the challenge, there's this underlying motivation underneath. And yup....thinking of women getting trained in livelihood skills, children getting taught....expanding into different parts of Asia, makes my heart leap for joy. Pray for me...again, I am not embarrassed abt asking for prayer, bcos prayer must be the anchor to everything that we do, and resources are tight in every aspect, the work can't be accomplished if I just look at the physical realm. And together with progress comes spiritual warfare too.

I'm learning efficacy, not efficiency. Becoming more and more Covenantal in thinking. I realise it applies a lot to my job. Cos there's time limited issues that must be resolved, so being the Type A person that I am, I feel very anxious....really worried about things. But then I also realise that some things are not abt being efficient at all, but trusting in God's timing.

At a meeting on thur nite, my boss very joyfully and excitedly said that serving God was easy, bcos it was God who put all things together. There was so much joy when she said that. I cld sense this "knowingness" she had with God. I felt a mixture of feelings at the same time. Really, just longing for the same sense of knowingness and intimacy with God, that I may say with JOY, nothing to worry about anything, GOD is sovereign and in control. But daily....it is a taking up of the cross daily, to cruxify the thoughts that are not life-giving. To give thanks in all. And gratitude, is the antidote to negativity. =)

So yah...hope that my inner life with God will continue to grow. Hope to know His love that casts out all fears, to know the depths, the heights of His love.

No comments: