Monday, September 22, 2008

Trusting in God's hands

I'm feeling the stress at work as the coming week and Oct looks busy. =p Just confirmed I will be flying to Indonesia for 2 trips during the mth, and I am excited! But at the same time there is so much to plan, esp for one of the trips. And the daily coordination work for the teams going to Cambodia fr Oct to Dec remains, well I also must figure out how to ship 25 monitors and CPUs to Cambodia as they don't have boxes (anyone has lobang to ship computers). And then to not be reactionary and plan long term processes and workflows....I'm stressed, and have dreamt about work a few times already.
And....the signs...I'm doing work on my off days, over my home PC. Thinking abt work in my mind and planning stuffs.

Though, today's reading of Isaiah was so appropriate. Abt quietness and rest, trusting in God, and not in the strength of horses or armies.

Dear God, help me not to take things in my own hands, but to trust and rest in You.

Do pray for me! =)I need it.

Was encouraged during the service on Sunday. When leadership was defined. I was glad that it was about knowing "I can't, but God can", and accepting responsibility for God's calling. Realise I'm a very unwilling leader, but all it takes, God seemed to be asking was- Are u willing? Its a paradox that restedness does not come from avoiding responsibility, but it comes from acceptance of it, and knowing that it is God who has called and He will accomplish His plans.

No comments: