Saturday, September 06, 2008

Fulfilling a destiny

I watched one of the most wonderful movies yesterday night- Kung Fu Panda. Guess where? Yup, we watched it at the Leaders Empowerment session in church.
There were so much life lessons to learn from it. Even biblical lessons. I felt God spoke to me in a very personal way thru the movie.
Po- a fat panda who dreams to be a Kung Fu master, sells noodles in a shop with his dad. He knows nuts abt Kungfu, but somehow Master Wu Gui chose him to be the KungFu master. Shifu- a mouse with powerful Kung Fu skills, was tasked to train Po, so that he could fight Tai Lung- an ambitious leopard. Shifu and everyone else thought Wu Gui was crazy to choose the fat panda. When Master Wu Gui was telling Shifu to believe in Po- that he had a destiny to be the Kung Fu master, and only Po could defeat Tai Lung. Distinctly, God whispered to me "I believe in you". I was touched because in the end, Po did defeat Tai Lung, by being himself- whatever he was wired to be at the start -chopsticks, food, and woks-and most of all, he was certain of his identity as Kung Fu master.
Really, at the end of the day, it is not abt our own strengths, but it is about our calling in God. Whatever God has called, He will fulfill. If only we knew our identity in Him.

Crazy busy and tiring week prior to this movie. But a series of divine meetings and words from different ones, affirmed God's calling for me at this time. Met my own "Master Wu Gui"s in the office...people who believe in me. And actually at the end of the day, whether people believe in me pales much in comparison, to the Great God who believes in me, who sees the potential within me. Even in those days when I feel like a clumsy fat panda.....He sees something more. I don't have to be anyone else but me. Thank U Lord.

3 comments:

LittleStar007 said...

"And actually at the end of the day, whether people believe in me pales much in comparison, to the Great God who believes in me, who sees the potential within me. Even in those days when I feel like a clumsy fat panda.....He sees something more. I don't have to be anyone else but me."

I echo especially the above... And what a coincidence - my brother just passed me the dvd on Kung Fu Panda which I intend to watch at home today!

Cheers! :)

Lois said...

hey there...didn't know that u still read my blog. =) So how was the show? Keep in touch and meet up soon with HY?

LittleStar007 said...

It was a meaningful and encouraging show... overall nice!

Sure, let me know when you intend to meet up soon with HY.

Cheers! :)