Thursday, September 18, 2008

Restedness

I'm supposed to be studying for my IDT test tonight- bible memory verses and other concepts, but I ended up watching TV, and then went to hunt for treasures on my Facebook Fluff pets. =] Tmr I am on leave! Giving myself a short break, plus going to study for test.

My heart has reached a restful state. I can say it is at peace. And there are even feelings of thankfulness and silent joys on the inside. Daily I am understanding God's love. Its a very precious season of restfulness in Him, and knowing how much He loves me. I find that these days there never fails to be silver linings in the cloud, such that if I feel bad about something, almost always someone will encourage me, or something will make me feel thankful. =P Maybe I didn't notice that in the past...but these days I do feel thankful.

I've started reading C.S. Lewis's Four Loves. Prior to this, I was reading another book on friendships and relationships. It is pretty enlightening defining the different kinds of love I must say. Though in the past, I kind of just lumped them all together. And even more enlightening to know of the vast LOVE of God. C.S. Lewis in his introduction said that as humans, we definitely feel some form of "need-love" towards God, instead of "gift-love". That's so true, because no matter how we try to be noble about our love towards God, ultimately, we are recipients of His gracious love.

In last sunday's sermon, I enjoyed Pastor Kay Kiong's expounding of 2 Corinthians, whereby he talked about God gives the most of all. Its only when we are receipients of God's love that we can give of God's love. He shared a story of this mynmar missionary who lived on US$35 a month, and yet he adopted 4 kids with his wife. U know...christians who demonstrate this kind of love...the only reason they can do it, is because they have experienced the grace of God, and have understood (really understood and received in their hearts) the love of God. And ultimately realise that it is God who has given the most of all. Yah, and ofcos God's work will never lack God's supplies if we do it in His way.

I'm starting to enjoy work as well. Today we had a prayer meeting, and one of the experienced staff who quit, and came back to help out, prayed a very long prayer for our ministry and the poeple and all that. As she prayed, I felt the presence of God strongly in the place. I was encouraged by the depth of her prayer and I can tell in order to have this kind of prayer, she must have spent time with God in her own prayer closet on a consistent basis. I pray that I may carry God's presence into my work place as well, and carry it to the places where I go, carry it to the volunteers who I meet and speak to. Its sweet that not just one person, but a few persons prayed for me abt my job, edified me in one way or another....so even though it is not a very easy journey, I am assured He is with me, and I'm growing on the inside.

Yah...i pray i may bask in His love, and truly understand, "And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Eph 3:17-19
I pray this for the ones I love, for my dear frens. And for myself.

No comments: