Tuesday, September 09, 2008

What I really hope..

It's simply mind boggling thinking of how to fit 16 teams into our schedule within 3 months in Oct to Dec.
Different teams with different agendas- but mainly, to expose the young girls/youths to poverty and the world out there beyond their comfort zones. =P
We will acheive this objective well-enough. I really hope that it doesn't just expose them to poverty, but that they will have time to reflect and apply what they have learnt when they come back.
I wish that I could conduct training for them. If I knew how to do so...
Sometimes I wonder if their "children" programme really helps the children. I really hope we meet some needs of the people there.

I hope what is being done matters...even if it is picking up one starfish at a time from the shore.

-------------

Didn't sleep very well last night, woke up intermittently. Like at 4am....5am....6am...and then it was time to wake up for work! :P
I'm feeling the stress at work. Partly cos I have high expectations. But partly cos there are all sorts of structures that need to be put in place. One job that does admin, accounting, PR, communications, coordinations. ;p
Passion....pure passion drives me...
I wished sometimes tho, that I were the one going for the community service trip. I kind of miss being there with the children and the youths....
I wished sometimes I were leading the youths going there...so I can do some reflections and sharings with them. ;p

Sometimes I wish to be just dreaming by the beach......sleeping....drinking my Camomile tea and reading my good book...
Sometimes...I wanna be the super hero...slaying the giants and killing the evil ones. Let justice and peace reign. Yeah. =)

In all of the times, prayer is the thing that moves mountains, that fights the battles...that are won not by horses and strong armies, but won by the Spirit of God. ;p

No comments: