Monday, August 25, 2008

Bday reflections

It was a nice day yesterday, had lunch with a group of friends from church at Fish and Co for my bday, and they treated me for lunch, as well as got me a slice of cake! Was glad Diana and Shar came to join us. So it was a juxtapose of old and new church frens. Then they sang me bday song as well. After tat I went to the gym. And then before long it was dinner time, at Holiday Inn buffet with my family and relatives. =) I introduced Camomile tea to my parents, and my dad kind of liked it! When I got home, realised the souvenir cum bday present tat Diana had bought me was a pack of Honey Vanila Camomile tea. So happy for the thoughtful gift, just when I was thinking of Camomile tea! Spent time talking with Ed and praying, as usual was grateful for the insights.

And today, I went back to GIC to meet up with my ex colleagues. I miss their company so much. Met my ex boss who said, U must come back more often. :) I met up w HY who baked me a cake and got me a World Vision T-shirt. Always got a soft spot for WV, and the cake was sweet in my mouth. Had good chat with Des over dinner as well. So all in, it has been a good time of meeting with people.


Yup. I am thankful for life's various pleasures that I get to enjoy. Camomile tea is one of them! But yup, I've tasted Jap, French, Korean, Chinese, Western (and more) Cusine in lovely settings. I have a gym club membership. I stay in a nice house. What more do I want? (World peace would be good =) )


Ever since working in my new job, it became clearer to me than ever that I was a very pampered gal. Always had everything provided for by my parents. However in my new job, I am required to be sharp and quick and resourceful. This baffles me many times, and I feel so inadequate. Pray for God's grace and strength to do things beyond what I can do.

Yup...and I'm finding myself getting tired more and more often. Part of it has to do with negative self talk that depletes my energy. But then another part of me wonders if it is time to drop anything, bcos Pstor Ed says that if u are overloaded, u cannot build deep. And its true. I wish that I could spend more time on building deeper friendships with some people, impacting lives in a deeper manner. And other than that also have time for good books and lots of reflection time with God.

After all the hussle and bussle of activities, what I really long for is a deep fellowship with God. To read my book and be quiet. And another thing I'm praying for, a close knitted community to share lives with.

But one thing that comforts me, what God calls us to do, He will provide. Don't know how it will work out. I pray that His strength may be sufficient for me.

No comments: