Thursday, January 04, 2007

The subconscious

I had 2 strange dreams last night.
The first one was of a little kitten who came into my house's gate. Actually the house looked like the one I stayed in Manila, and so did the kitten look like the kitten at the construction site. There was a fish on the floor, and I chopped it into smaller pieces for the kitten. It finished up the fish, and left the bone there, and then it meowed at me. ;) I used a tissue to wipe its wet fur.

The second one was of my mum. She cut her hand accidentally, and blood flowed from her hand profusely. She was very frantic, and so was I. I picked up the phone and dialed 995 for the ambulance. Alas, they put me through a series of voice recorded messages. Mum yelled at me from afar. I ran back to see, and the blood had sort of stopped flowing, so there was no need for an ambulance. ;)

Why these 2 dreams?

I guess these 2 things matter a lot to me. Firstly, I think the poor, wet and thin cat represents the poor, and my love for them. Why else was this dream linked with the house and kitten in Manila. The second love for me, my parents. How anxious and burdened I was in the dream, seeing the blood flow, and desperately wanting to stop it. I've really been so burdened for my parents, now that they are ageing. Maybe beneath me is really a very filial child. I am worried for them about how they spend their money and life and their values. I am sad at times. : (

So in my 2 loves, who should I choose? And do I really have to choose? Can there be a compromise between the poor and my parents? I believe there can be. I believe it takes some time. Though at some point in time, I have to have that leap of faith to know that if I choose the poor, God will mould their hearts to understand.

No comments: