Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hope

Faith, Hope and love- abide in this three.
Been talking so much about faith and love that I've forgotten about this element of Hope. Which is a crucial part of life. The bible also speaks of how hope deferred makes a heart sick, but when it comes, it is like a tree of life.

I think people are often depressed because it seems like there is no hope or way out of the situation. Yes, have faith, yes love others. But what good does that do to people unless also we give them hope? Speaking of good news to the poor- is telling them of faith and love, and yes, there is also hope in the midst of the darkness, and a future that they can look forward to.

Was so encouraged yesterday by W, as he called me after cg and we talked about God, and he shared about how he hoped that christians can move into the community. For faith also includes outward actions. And he also invited me to join a group that prayed for missions. More than anything, my heart lept up in resonance with this vision. About how he wanted me to also think of activities to expose young adults to the community. Yup, have been passionate about social entrepreneurship, poverty and missions, but up till now had not been able to link up those with church activities. And, suddenly felt that this is another open door for me. But more than that, getting to know like-minded individuals who have a similar passion, whom I know will encourage me.

Haven't exactly set goals for this year. I hope to go for at least 1 mission trip. I hope to do another overseas community service trip for my company, to tie up with Don to go to the halfway houses in China. But most of all, as W says, we should pray. Pray pray and pray, for that is when God conditions our hearts and show us His heartbeat.

So there is hope. Actually I've to admit that things have been looking so bleak for me, that I've lost sense of this hope. No rays of sunlight...just filled with burdens for people. But was at Bintan at my co. retreat, and reading a devotion- which said to pray for faith that God will do the impossible. And even though my heart was heavy, I said a prayer that God, u must do the impossible to bring salvation to a world in darkness. And use me- cos I feel so weak & inadequate. The prayer essentially didn't change how I felt, but I now know God is at work with the opening of new doors. So I am thankful. ;) May this year be the best year yet.

No comments: