Sunday, September 25, 2005

It helps to have frens!

I had a very good sat and sun...spent time with some really good frens, and thank God for them, who really encourage me too.
I caught a movie on sat with mavis and xinying. It was "Be with me"..an arty film by eric khoo. The show was really great, it was silent most of the time, and also filmed some of the most mundane of things, like an old man at his shop selling stuffs and cooking dinner for his wife...two girls smsing each other and in the chat room...a security guard admiring some pretty lady in the building (and I swear that the building they were filming is my office-capital tower) but it was within the mundanity that the message hit right home to the heart. Cos I guess all can identify with it. The theme of love, the search for love and wat really defines love. Also the meaning of life..the mundanity and how everyone seeks to find meaning in something.. or love is smthing that sustains life and gives meaning to it.
Well, yeah, the msg really hit home, and ofcos I also feel really sad for the security guard who has loads of emotions within him but is not good at expressing them. And also the love of the old couple...the old man cooking for his wife, caring for him...which expressed the meaning of true love. Not loads of sex or I love Yous but a simple demonstration thru actions.

As ple seek to find meaning in life, they seek in from all the different places isn't it? Whether it is clubbing or admiring someone.

Yups...and so it was a great movie and all, and it was nice seeing Xinying and Mavis. Xinying who is now a psychologist at Mindef, while mavis is a firewoman! Don't play play...mavis gotto go for "NS" with the guys...and do jungle trekking. I guess as we grow older, our lives tend toward diff directions. Its like seeing someone familiar yet not so familiar kinda feeling..

Yeah and I had a lovely dinner with Huiyun plus a little shopping..to celebrate her bday! It was a really really good chat at this restaurant called "dian xiao er" selling herbal duck, and we had the set meal for 2. I like the way that Huiyun always listens to me..and cares for me. Heh...it kinda filled up my love tank again. =>

Yups..so aniwae today I hanged out with huiru and jeryn after service and it was good walking ard and chatting abt ourselves and our cgs. And really thank God for the frenship. :)

Okie...tmr is another day of work! I pray for a good week ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

=)..
Mm..my weekend wasnt so factastic.. but not bad lah..

I adored that film too!!heh... But i gave it a 3.5/5 rating to my friend..:P oops.. cos it's abit too quiet (for me)?
Analysed it for hours with fren after watching it..
Anyway.. I felt it captured people in their quiet moments.. Usually, people dont question these times and prefer to see others in action or speaking.. But, what are people actually thinking of at times when they are not speaking (those mundane moments), what shadows their thoughts all the time?

I esp sympathised with the fat security guard lah.. he has such a beautiful, compassionate soul, yet everyone thinks and tells him that he's worthless.He died saving someone else (tho not intentionally), might appear tragic that hes so worthless and clumsy even the way he died seemed like a joke, yet on the other hand, he was most worthy then cos he shielded someone from it and it was an expression of the helpfulness/compassion he seemed to be gifted with.

Felt for the old couple too, it's like, even when love is mutual and deep (i.e. you've found love), one cant prevent from losing the company of the loved one cos of death? And hence still gotta live life alone?
Arent some of us just craving to have someone with us?

I claimed not to identify with the two gals, anyway, found their r/s abit unconvincing.. but erm, well.. some parallels?.. and the way the gal cldn't take it and jumped from the building kinda replayed in my head.. Thought of how blessed one is to be able to turn around or emerge from (such) a state of despair, cos, not everyone can succeed in that, and this gal was prob extremely alone. Fren noted that she has only 3 frens in her phonebook. Everyone at one pt or other in life might feel like they have reached a threshold in their endurance, not know how to go on and could choose to give up. My bro's fren, a guai guy 3 yrs older than us, just jumped and died not long ago.. and hence cldnt attend the wedding. :(
Started wondering how to protect loved ones from it. Read in Catholic News a nice article on suicide, that said it's an illness and not a sin.

Hee...oops..typed too much..
Anyway, we thought Teresa's real life story, though inspiring, was abit out of the place among the fictatious stories. Prob a contrast to show how the seemingly most abnormal person lives a most normal and fulfilling life? Though she suffered the loss of her loved one too?

Oops, added to ur movie spoilers.. so sorry,ur many readers..
Hope u're having a good week..:)